What Is A Capsule Wardrobe?

Why Women Are Buying Capsule Wardrobes and How to Start Building Yours

By: Blayne Alexander, Tom James Clothier in Orlando, Florida
June 8, 2022

Do you have a closet full of clothing, yet feel like you have nothing to wear to work in the morning? If you’re like most women, you probably have a fabulous selection of fitness attire and outfits to wear to brunch on the weekends. You might even be considered the best dressed in your friend group. Then why does it feel so hard to get dressed for the office every day?

Think about the 80/20 rule for a minute. If you’re reading this, you most likely spend 80% of your time professionally and the other 20% recreationally. Which means you’re more likely to be in a  business suit than you are in a bathing suit on any given day, but let me ask you… Which do you own more of? If you’re looking to get the most out of your wardrobe, you truly need to consider where you spend most of your time.

As we mature, our buying habits naturally start to change. Whether that’s with the food we eat, the cars we purchase, or the investments we make. But have you ever considered changing your buying habits when it comes to the way you purchase the clothing you wear? What if you had a strategic plan for your closet? How smooth would your mornings be if you could coordinate outfits with ease?

Enter: The Capsule Wardrobe.

Think of the phrase: “less is more.”  A capsule wardrobe is a selection of complementary garments that work together to create multiple outfits. When you invest in the essentials and start filling in the gaps of your wardrobe, you’ll create more cohesiveness in your closet and prevent those morning struggles.

To help save you time, we’ve assembled all the pieces you need to create a versatile, timeless, chic capsule wardrobe.

For a personal consultation, contact a clothier in your area here.

Get Started Today!

Learn more about our product & services from a world-class clothier and see if a professional wardrobe service fits your lifestyle.

If we're a good fit, our clothier will meet with you in your home or office at your conveinience.

We use your zip code to align you with the nearest Tom James Clothier. We use your email and phone number to contact you and schedule your wardrobe consultation. See our Privacy Policy for details.


"Barbara has been working with me for the past few years and I have found her to be very professional and knowledgeable. She has done a great job in understanding me and recommending clothing that suits not just my style but also my budget."

Custom Clothier Barbara Fuschillo

Barbara Fuschillo

Tom James of Atlanta

"I wear a lot of suits and every purchase I've made from Tom James seams to stand out among the rest!"

Custom Clothier Arianna Occhipinti

Arianna Occhipinti

Tom James of New York
© 2024 Tom James Company
Tom James Company Logo

Please Select a Region

USA Great Britain Europe Australia Canada